Friday, February 22, 2008

Seeing the Oscar Nominations

When the Oscar nominations came out I had a bunch of films to see. I managed to see just about every film it was possible to see. I've seen all the films that got more than one nomination:

8 There Will Be Blood
8 No Country for Old Men
7 Michael Clayton
7 Atonement
5 Ratatouille
4 The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
4 Juno
3 Transformers
3 The Bourne Ultimatum
3 Sweeney Todd
3 La Vie en Rose
3 Enchanted
2 The Savages
2 The Golden Compass
2 The Assassination of Jesse James
2 Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
2 Into the Wild
2 Elizabeth: The Golden Age
2 Away from Her
2 American Gangster
2 3:10 to Yuma

From the other main categories that got one nomination I've seen all but August Rush, up for Best Song, which isn't in theaters and isn't on DVD.

1 The Kite Runner
1 Surf's Up
1 Persepolis
1 Once
1 Norbit
1 Lars and the Real Girl
1 In the Valley of Elah
1 I'm Not There
1 Gone Baby Gone
1 Eastern Promises
1 Charlie Wilson's War
1 August Rush *
1 Across the Universe

None of the foreign films are in theaters or on DVD. I saw 3/5 of the Documentaries. Of the three shorts categories I saw all the animated and live action films yesterday but have no way to the documentary shorts. So of a total of 113 nominations, I've seen 100!

No comments: