Monday, July 21, 2008

Jeff Smith Exhibition on News Hour

Jeff Smith is cartoonist who from 1991 to 2004 created a series called Bone. It's a cross between Bugs Bunny and The Lord of the RIngs and is a lot of fun. At times laugh out loud funny, at other times scary and at other times really touching. I read the 1341 page one volume edition in black and white and loved it. He's now re-releasing the series in 9 colorized volumes, I think the 8th just came out.

I mention this because PBS' News Hour of all things had a segment today about the Jeff Smith Bone and Beyond exhibition at the Wexner Center for the Arts in Columbus Ohio that's running through August 3rd. It looks pretty interesting but I don't think I'm making a special trip out there to see it.

The News Hour site has an mp3 of the audio and a slide show on his work.

No comments: