Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Best Documentaries of 2010

Ebert lists The best documentaries of 2010.

I've seen 6 of them:

Exit Through the Gift Shop - I reviewed it here.
Inside Job - I never reviewed it but I liked it a lot. A great summary of the causes of the economic collapse.
Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work - A friend and I concluded this was very good in spite of the creator. Rivers is a very interesting subject and the year they followed her was quite eventful in her life. When you set out to make a documentary like this you never quite know what you're going to get. But the film itself
Restrepo - This is probably the best doc I've seen on the Afghanistan war and one of the best war docs ever.
Waiting for Superman - Good doc on education. It played the heart strings a little too blatently
Winnebago Man - I saw this in 2009 at IFF Boston and reviewed it here.

No comments: