Nine amazing facts about Janet Yellen, our next Fed chair "Janet Yellen will be appointed Fed chair tomorrow. Neil and Ylan already wrote the definitive profile of her, but here are the main things you ought to know going into her confirmation hearings."
- She is perhaps the most qualified Fed chair in history.
- She's been a powerful voice for the unemployment hawks on the Fed.
- But she's more than willing to crack down on inflation when the situation requires it.
- She's pretty darn good at predicting where the economy's headed.
- She likes rules-based policy -- and at least used to show support for targeting nominal GDP.
- She doesn't want to use monetary policy to pop bubbles.
- She's served with much of the Obama administration before.
- Her husband will be one of the more interesting First Ladies/Gentlemen the Fed has ever seen.
- She owns, like, a lot of stamps. Or at least really valuable ones.