Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Daily Show on the state of the Tea Party

I thought the Daily Show was really good last night. He's not letting the "establishment" Republicans avoid their responsibility for the growth of the tea party.

Extreme Takeover: Tea Party Edition

Extreme Takeover: Tea Party Edition - The Tea Party vs. Karl Rove

I also appreciate that Chris Hayes on MSNBC is starting to do the Daily Show thing of showing clips of people saying things that contradict their current positions. Finally.

2 comments:

Richard said...

Absolutely my favorite thing about the Daily Show are the self-contradictory quotes.

If you were a politician in this day and age wouldn't you keep a library of what you said so that you could avoid self-contradiction unless you really honestly decided to change your opinion? Or am I naive?

Howard said...

If I were a politician I'd hope I wouldn't need a database to know what my policy positions were. And if I did change my mind, I'd admit it and explain why. And if people called me a hypocrite for that I'd probably tell them to fuck off and grow up and that's probably why I'm not a politician.