Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Mad Men Season Four

Mad Men started up again and we're now three episodes into the fourth season. After the first I was surprised how much I had missed the show, now after the third, I'm hoping it improves. It's focusing most squarely on Don Draper and he's close to bottom but not there yet. The result is not much happy, which is par for the course of Mad Men, but we're also not getting a lot of fun.

Perhaps because we're not getting a lot of the other characters, and what we do get is mostly them in scenes with Don (Lane this week, the secretary last week). We did get some Joan this week which was nice, but I want more of Peggy and Roger and the crazy Cooper. See how much fun they can be: Pete Campbell's Bitchface "A tumblelog dedicated to everyone's favorite little shit from Mad Men and his beautifully bitchy facial expressions."

While Terry Gross' Interview with Matthew Weiner taught me a few things, nothing has made me think as deeply as I have before here and here. I get it, "who is Don Draper", now tell me more about the sixties.


No comments: