Friday, September 29, 2006

Media Not Reportiing Administration's Abramoff Lies

So I posted yesterday about the new House Report that Details 485 Contacts Between Abramoff Team and White House Officials and of course the media like abc and the New York Times reported on it's facts.

But they don't go back and report that Scott McClellan lied to us, for that check out Think Progress where they quote him on 4 separate instances saying there were 1-2 meetings at a holiday party and "a few staff meetings". That's a bit different than 13 meetings with White House Staff (at least 10 with Rove) for a total of 32.3 hours billed to his clients and 485 phone calls (82 with Rove's office). And yes, McClellan did claim "Well, I did do a check, and I indicated to you exactly what I just told you." I wonder if the "I indicated" was a planned slip or just a transcription error.

No comments: