Monday, September 11, 2006

Cheney Speaks I Cringe

I watched Dick Cheney on Meet the Press on Sunday. He was in glorious form twisting every word, ignoring various facts, and trying to sound reasonable. Russet didn't help much. I'll never be able to pick it all apart and write it down so I'll just point to various postings on the topic. I honestly don't think any of these do a good job at refuting what he said. The details of what he said were often wrong (sometimes right) but the big picture of what he said was usually wrong.

Think Progress: Cheney Ignores Senate Intel Report, Cites Zarqawi As Evidence of Iraq/Al Qaeda Connection

Daily Kos: Deception Is A Hard Habit To Break

Media Matters: Russert failed to challenge Cheney on terrorism, national security issues

Huffington Post: Cheney, 9/11 and the Truth about Iraq

No comments: