Friday, September 19, 2008

Sorry Sarah, Barack Beat You To It

CNN's article Palin’s transparency proposal already exists in D.C. is just too funny.

"‘We’re going to do a few new things also,’ she said at a rally in Cedar Rapids. ‘For instance, as Alaska’s governor, I put the government’s checkbook online so that people can see where their money’s going. We’ll bring that kind of transparency, that responsibility, and accountability back. We’re going to bring that back to D.C.’

"There’s just one problem with proposing to put the federal checkbook online – somebody’s already done it. His name is Barack Obama. In 2006 and 2007, Obama teamed up with Republican Sen. Tom Coburn to pass the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act" which created USASpending.gov .

2 comments:

The Dad said...

I've figured out what bugs me about her (besides "everything". One word. "snide".

DKB said...

Snide... I like it. It's so much more polite than nearly every word I've used to describe her, and yet still has a nasty little edge to it. I doubt that it will suffice for me over the long term, but I do tend toward excess.