Sunday, March 07, 2010

Pre-Oscars

I'm still working on my pics. Most of the big categories seem to have heavy favorites. A few of the smaller ones have some real contests. I'm having a hard time picking in Cinematography, Foreign Language and Documentary Short Subject.

Of the 43 feature length films nominated I saw all but these seven:
The Lovely Bones (Supporting Actor)
The Secret of Kells (Animated)
A Prophet (Foreign)
The Milk of Sorrow (Foreign)
El Secreto de Sus Ojos (Foreign)
Which Way Home (Doc)
Burma VJ (Doc)

To be fair I haven't had a way to see any of these except the A Prophet which opened in a handful of theaters Friday and The Lovely Bones which while it was in wide release in theaters it was showing since it's been nominated. I think Secret of the Kells opens next week, which seems like really bad planning on their part.

Of the shorts I saw all the animated and live action ones but none of the 5 Documentary Shorts.

No comments: