Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Japan Imagery

The Big Picture has run several posts on Japan. I've linked to some of these before, but here they all are in one place:

Massive earthquake hits JapanJapan: earthquake aftermath.
Japan: Vast devastationJapan: New fears as the tragedy deepens

The Atlantic In Focus with Alan Taylor (who I think founded The Big Picture) has four collections as well:

Earthquake in JapanJapan Earthquake AftermathJapan Earthquake: Rescue, Recovery, and Reaction1923 Kanto Earthquake: Echoes from Japan's Past

Google's Picasa has assembled before and after satellite photos. ABC News from Australia has Aerial photos taken over Japan. "Hover over each satellite photo to view the devastation caused by the earthquake and tsunami." They might be the same as in the Picasa album, I'm not sure, but they're presented better.

Finally, I really like this poster:

I helpjapan5

No comments: