Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bachmann Muddles American History

Bachmann Muddles American History, Puts Battles Of Lexington And Concord In New Hampshire. It wasn't just a misstatement, Bachmann went on about how the Revolution started in NH. No it's not a big deal, except in the context of her. It's yet another simple fact she gets wrong and yet she still tries to lecture liberals on what the Constitution means.

Her response, "So I misplaced the battles Concord and Lexington by saying they were in New Hampshire. It was my mistake, Massachusetts is where they happened. New Hampshire is where they are still proud of it! And by the way... That will be the last time I borrow President Obama's tele-promoter!" is the same kind of stubbornness and stupidity that Palin uses.

Right, the people of Massachusetts aren't proud of the Revolution, we just reenact it each year. And you'd think the state that elected Scott Brown would be held in higher regard by her. And the tele-prompter thing? So her lack of skill with it is now a virtue (she can't even spell it)? I really want some journalist to report on the next time she uses one.

I see this in a Minneapolis Star Tribune article on her from 2007, Michele Bachmann: Watching her step. She grew up a Democrat but in college (Winona State University a public school she probably wants to cut funding to) changed to a Republican: "Now she was killing time reading 'Burr,' Gore Vidal's sardonic historical novel about early U.S. history. 'He was kind of mocking the Founding Fathers and I just thought, 'What a snot,' ' she said. 'I just remember reading the book, putting it in my lap, looking out the window and thinking, 'You know what? I don't think I am a Democrat. I must be a Republican.'' " Here's a video of her telling the story in December.

And now she's the one mocking the patriots and twisting actual facts (well in her case usually falsities) into her own narrative . Fucking idiot.

No comments: