Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Best Films of 2009 According to Roger Ebert

Roger Ebert' lists The best films of 2009 and he cheats a bit.

"So this year I have devoutly limited myself to exactly ten films. On each of two lists. The lists are divided into Mainstream Films and Independent Films. This neatly sidesteps two frequent complaints: (1) "You name all those little films most people have never heard of," and (2) "You pick all blockbusters and ignore the indie pictures." Which is is my official Top Ten? They both are equal, and every film here is entitled to name itself "One of the Year's 10 Best!""

I've seen all but 3 on the mainstream list and his list won't match mine.

Of the independent films I've never even heard of 9 of them, but I have seen Sin Nombre and it was good, but I wouldn't say great.

1 comment:

Irina said...

Out if indies, I saw Goodbye Solo.
I liked it and the actors played very well. I gave it 3 stars but now I think that maybe I should upgrade my rating, the reason being that I remember practically every scene from this movie and I watched it over 2 months ago...