Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bill Gates Email Rant on Windows Usability

An epic Bill Gates e-mail rant is listed in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer so I assume it's true. It describes his experiences using Windows to download Moviemaker and buy the Digital Plus pack. It didn't go well so he sent this message to his managers. It completely echos my experiences using Windows and why I now use a mac. The whole thing is worth a read but here are my favorite lines:

"So they told me that using the download page to download something was not something they anticipated."

"Then it told me to reboot my machine. Why should I do that? I reboot every night -- why should I reboot at that time?"

"Someone decided to trash the one part of Windows that was usable? The file system is no longer usable. The registry is not usable. This program listing was one sane place but now it is all crapped up."

No comments: