Friday, June 06, 2008

Obama/Edwards?

The Washington Monthly presents 10 Good Reasons For an Obama/Edwards Ticket.

I still remember the first time I liked Edwards. He was being interviewed sitting next to Kerry. The question of supporting the troops came up, why didn't you vote to support the troops. Kerry gave some unintelligible answer (as he repeated doing time and time again) about I voted for it before I voted against it. I forget if at the time it was framed as flip-flopping or not.

Edwards then butted in and gave a perfectly clear answer. Something like: "the first bill was paid for but Republicans voted it down, then they brought up the bill again but didn't say where the money came from. The real question is why didn't the Republicans support the troops the first time." If only Kerry understood the answer.

No comments: