Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hardball: Please Stop Giving Ann Coulter a Forum

I try to avoid writing about what Ann Coulter says, I'll make a brief exception. Apparently she has a new book out, whatever.

3 months ago she essentially called John Edwards a "faggot", I hear people get thrown off of popular TV shows for that, but not Ann. On Monday on GMA she said "So I've learned my lesson, if I'm gonna say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he'd been killed in a terrorist assassination plot." She was on Hardball yesterday and Elizabeth Edwards called in and politely asked her to stop the personal attacks. Coulter stayed snarky and obnoxious as ever, lying about saying it, talking about raising money on the comments, and exaggerating that Edwards was telling her to "stop speaking". Ever the victim that Ann. Amazingly she kept it up even when Edwards brought up Coulter's comments about their dead son, responding with "that was 3 years ago". Watch it here (this is the longest clip I found on youtube so you have the most context).



I know GMA and Hardball and others have Coulter on precisely because this gives them press. But I'm politely asking them to stop. Let Fox be the one to promote this troll. NewsBusters complains that Elizabeth Edwards is hiring people that use the language of hate and that Hardball set up an obvious call-in stunt. Still they gave her the whole hour on the show. As Jon Stewart so eloquently said "You're hurting America".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I have to say that I love Ann Coulter. She is a clown and hope that she just continues to get crazier... The problem with conservatives here in the States is that very often they seem all to reasonable, sensible and common-sensical when, in fact, they advance utter and complete bullshit. Those guys are dangerous because they influence people here. Ann Coulter does not have that ability, IMO. She can only repel normal people. Or, if you know what to expect, can be quite entertaining in her insanity. My personal hope is that she starts dressing in a really funny costume soon...

Anonymous said...

Check this out:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003765788_coulter28.html

I would say, far from banning her, the left-biased media should bring more people like her in!

Howard said...

Yeah Coulter was whining about the Edwards using her to make money and the pundants were talking about how it was mutually beneficial for both sides. David Gregory asked Mrs. Edwards if she planned this to coincide with the end of the reporting quarter.

I will say, a clown costume would be fun.