The National Film Registry just announced the 25 new additions for 2013. This article has descriptions of each of the films.
Below is the list based on year of release. The ones in bold I've seen. I feel like all the well known films on the list I've seen and half of them I'm surprised weren't on the list already. The rest I've not only not seen but never even heard of. I hadn't heard of any of the three shorts and just watched them online. How I had never heard of an Oscar winning animated short about nuclear war with improved dialog by jazz legend Dizzy Gilespie I have no idea.
- 1919 A Virtuous Vamp
- 1920 Daughter of Dawn
- 1926 Ella Cinders
- 1930 King of Jazz
- 1931-1944 Martha Graham Dance Films
- 1933 Wild Boys of the Road
- 1939 Midnight
- 1940 Men and Dust
- 1946 Gilda
- 1951 Notes on the Port of St. Francis
- 1952 The Quiet Man
- 1956 Forbidden Planet
- 1961 Judgment at Nuremberg
- 1961 The Magnificent Seven
- 1963 The Hole - 15 min short here
- 1964 Mary Poppins
- 1966 Cicero March - 8 min short here
- 1966 Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- 1969 Brandy in the Wilderness
- 1982 Bless Their Little Hearts
- 1983 The Right Stuff
- 1989 Roger & Me
- 1989 The Lunch Date - 10 min short here
- 1994 Pulp Fiction
- 2002 Decasia
The Lunch Date is quite cute and worth 10 minutes of your time. I feel like it's based on an old joke but it's well executed and adds a nice dimension to it.
Here's the full list of of the National Film Registry.