Wednesday, June 22, 2011

War Photographers on the Shot That Nearly Killed Me

The Guardian has a flash-based interactive graphic The shot that nearly killed me: War photographers. It's several war photos with descriptions by the photographers of the circumstances of the photo. They'd probably hate me for this, but I found in almost case that I was more fascinated with their writing than the photo.

Also, this is one of the worst graphics I've seen in a while. The text mostly fits in the frame but a little scrolling is needed. It could have been redesigned to eliminate the scrolling. The scroll bar is not clear which is the bar and which is the background. Finally, the thumbnails of the photos too often are completely unrepresentative of the full shot. Still the text is often chilling.

No comments: