Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Can't Believe I Saw Transformers 2

I have now seen all 5 films nominated for Sound Mixing. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was abysmal. If you're going to make a movie without a plot, don't make it 2.5 hours long. The only good thing I can say about it is that seeing it made Rob's Transformers 2 F.A.Q. even funnier because it's all completely accurate with no exaggeration at all.


I might now rethink my yearly attempt of seeing all Oscar nominated films. Then again, the Academy should rethink about nominating crap like this. I'm not convinced the sound mixing was better than other films.

3 comments:

Michael Critz said...

If you haven’t read it, you definitely need to read Transformers 2 on The Editing Room.

Howard said...

That was good, thanks.

And why is it that the really old autobot was an SR-71. I mean it can't be that old if it's in that form. How about having it be a covered wagon?

Michael Critz said...

Or, a coal powered train? Or a Mayan sundial? Any of those would have made as much sense.