Monday, August 31, 2009

Video Shows Bush Getting Katrina Warning

The BBC writes Video shows Bush Katrina warning "Video showing President George W Bush being warned on the eve of Hurricane Katrina that New Orleans' flood defences could be overcome has emerged."

The video shows a briefing saying the storm is a bad one and the levees might not hold. Bush asks no questions and ends by saying "We are fully prepared to help." But of course, those were just words, they weren't prepared at all.

And of course after the disaster Bush said, "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees."

I can't believe we had a president for 8 years who didn't understand what the words he said meant. And he didn't use big words! Fuck you W.

4 comments:

Megs said...

If blogger had the option, I'd *like* this post, esp your last comments.

Howard said...

I appreciate the comment even more. :)

Richard said...

As the years go by I think folks are realizing that the election of 2000 (not 2004) had much more importance than it seemed at the time. It was a close election without even going into the discussion of how the final outcome was determined. But it had a disproportionate effect on the United States. Imagine Gore's response to 9-11, Katrina, no war in Iraq, etc. I think we blew that election as a country and only later have we come to realize how much.

I also "like" your post.

Howard said...

Sadly I think all the folks who are going to make that realization already have. While I was really surprised that people elected W over Gore (well they didn't really but it was close enough that the SCOTUS did), I was shocked that after 4 years of him, people choose him again. I mean I was really stunned; in a daze for a couple of days. And I think it's his re-election that really lowered our standing in the rest of the world; because it was clear by then what he was.