Friday, October 17, 2008

Online Streaming of Television

The New York Times reports Online Streaming Adds Millions of Viewers for ‘Heroes,’ ‘The Office’.

"While the piecemeal approach to measuring multi-platform views leaves much to be desired, the data persuasively shows that free Internet streaming is the most popular alternative to traditional television viewing. Next to streaming, paid downloads, video on demand and mobile viewing all account for only a tiny share of the total viewing."

If only Heroes had improved this season. After Monday I deleted my season pass. The characters' actions are too arbitrary, the plot too convoluted and repetitive. Does every plot have to be motivated with visions of the future? If you have the power to get visions, why not use it more. If someone is using your unharmable daughter as a human shield, shoot through her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, the panning of Season 3 makes me very grateful I never really invested myself in the show... There is plenty of reportedly great TV available to me which I've never seen an episode of (The Wire, Mad Men, Weeds, etc), so being able to separate any wheat from the chaff is helpful

Howard said...

Yeah season 2 sucked too. I had my issues with season 1 as well, but there were some good episodes and a few exciting storylines. It was really unfortunate that the season 1 finale was a big let down too.

I believe you have your list of shows in proper prioritized order.