Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Short Films by Nacho Vigalondo

Odd coincidences. Yesterday I was talking to a loyal reader about good French films and remembered Timecrimes which I inexcusably haven't reviewed yet even though I saw it in March and loved it. What's worse, it's not French as I remember but Spanish and it's not been released here (I saw it as part of the IFF Boston) and it's not on DVD yet.

Today, without prompting, another loyal reader, who I happened to see Timecrimes with, pointed me at 7:35 de la manana on YouTube, a short by the same director, Nacho Vigalondo. Watching it I remembered seeing this short before. It was nominated for a Best Live Action Short oscar and in my quest to see all nominated films, I must have seen this one. It's really effective and worth a watch:



Now I have to make it through his other shorts on YouTube which are conveniently also on YouTube and linked from the above. Enjoy.

Update: So not all have english subtitles. Here's one that does: Choque. He's really great at creating odd misunderstood tension.

No comments: