Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wii Fit

I bought a Wii Fit today. I completely agree with Engaget's Wii Fit: feelin' the burn (part 1). I'll add, don't try the yoga poses in jeans.

A few more things. I did find myself moving the board around my living room as different exercises required space either behind or to the side. It did work fine on my rug and on the hardwood floor. I'll probably play it barefoot in the future, today I played in sox and slipped a little bit.

The yoga poses seemed to work well and the board senses your center of gravity and shows it as a red dot in a small yellow circle. As you get stronger and more balanced the dot will wiggle a lot less. That's what it uses to track your progress, how little the red dot wiggles, that is how steady you are.

The push ups were the hardest I did. Probably because the board is on the narrow side to put your hands on. Also because they also include side-planks with the push-ups which seems a little advanced.

The exercises are divided into 4 sections, yoga, strength, aerobic, balance. The balance games are kinda fun. One is on a soccer field where soccer balls are thrown at you and you have to lean to the right side to head them, while not heading the shoes that are also thrown. There's a skiing game works well and a tilting maze I liked.

No comments: