Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Apple Stores

I thought I'd add this addition to Apple news. I was in my local Apple Store last friday at 1:15pm and it was mobbed. Mid-day on a friday in the summer, tons of people. I commented to the genius who was helping me and he said it was average traffic. I go to this store (it's in the Chestnut Hill Mall) fairly often and it seemed crowded to me.

I went in again this Tue, also just around lunch time. It was much less crowded. Still there were a lot of people, but for example there was no one playing with iPhones. I noticed there were 4 people making use ofApple's One to One personal training. One was using iDVD another was learning Mail, another was managing bookmarks in Safari.

Honestly I think this is a great program for those that can make use of it. Session are 1 hour and you can do one a week. That's up to 52 personalized one-on-one training sessions a year for only $99. That's a great deal. If you need help getting oriented when switching or learning to use a new class of application (like video editing) it's a great option. It's really helpful for users and it's something that companies without retail locations can't do.

No comments: