Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bush Lied in the State of the Union

Keith Olbermann ended tonight's Countdown with a special commentary on Bush's claims in the State of the Union speech to have prevented four terrorist plots. In the notes I took during the speech I wrote that I doubted them but I admit I was too lazy to research them. Olbermann got his information from this blog post by David Swanson: Bush's Four Anti-Terror Successes All Fictional. Swanson has worked for several Democrat organizations and has on his site a very long list of Impeach Bush books, so he's not exactly unbiased, but that doesn't make him wrong.



I like Olbermann's show but I'd like it much more if he removed the celebrity gossip and daily Oddball segments. The segment immediately preceding his special commentary was about Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan and I think that lessens his credibility. Maybe he should split Countdown into two half hour shows.

No comments: