Monday, May 08, 2006

Bush's Best Moment: Fishing

This is moronic. Apparently Bush was asked by a German weekly newspaper what the best moment of his presidency was. His answer "I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound (3.402 kilos) perch in my lake,". Unbelievable.

Check out how Carter and Clinton answered for comparison.

Also someone dug up that the world record for largest perch caught is 3.5 pounds. So some say he lied and others point out that the White House has changed the transcript to read bass not perch. I can see it now, Perchgate.

Actually I can see Jon Stewart laughing. The Daily Show will be good tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah... yesterday I checked out Der Spiegel and there it was, the lead story about fishing achievement. With corresponding photo of the loon.

Howard said...

Can you read German? Did they report Perch or Bass?

Anonymous said...

I actually read the English version. Here is the interview transcript:
http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,414977,00.html
It is a large mouth bass.