Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's Time to Kick Out Some Olympic Sports

I haven't seen synchronized swimming or rhythmic gymnastics yet this Olympics but I agree with Time Magazine, It's Time to Kick Out Some Olympic Sports. Women's boxing would make more sense. I guess we're also finally done with women's beach volleyball. Were those really women cheerleaders for the finals match? And was the rain planned for the bikini-clad event?

On another note, Jamaican Usain Bolt has been amazing in the 100m and 200m running events.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand baseball and softball are out.

I actually like beach volley ball. Bikinis aside, I think the two-man teams lead to much more dynamic and athletic play.

Howard said...

I'm completely impressed by the sport and think it should continue. How two people can cover that entire court constantly mystifies me. It's just that every other aspect of the sport seems to have been thought up by Fox.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am watching now cycling *with jumping) on some kiddy bikes... There will be Olympic Champion in this event...

Kick out beach volleyball?! No way! And I do not mind the rain at all in this event :)