Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I have every right to be angry

An Andrew Sullivan reader writes: "I now live in a country where the president and vice president have the power to detain an American citizen off of the street, send him to a secret prison, torture him, and detain him indefinitely without him ever hearing the charges against them. We have been lied into a war that was executed with criminal incompetence, our economy has been devastated because of lax oversight of banks giving out bad loans, we have lost a major city and the list goes on and on."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Lost a major city"? OK, my ignorance is showing....but what is that phrase in reference to?

I followed the links back to the original article, but couldn't figure this out.

Am I missing something? Or do I have every right to be confused? :)

Howard said...

New Orleans

Anonymous said...

Ah..... Hurricane Katrina, levees breaking, it's all coming back to me now. Shame on me for a Dory-like (that is from Nemo) short-term memory.