Thursday, January 24, 2008

Destruction

If you've ever been to my home, you probably remember a partially constructed eyesore across the street. Well I woke this morning to the sound of its destruction. I managed to snap a few pics and get a video clip of the end (it might still be processing on youtube, try later if it's not playing). Afterwards they tore down the corner house. I have lots of pics and videos of that. I'll post them after I learn how to play with iMovie.

IMG_0815.jpg


IMG_0823.jpg


IMG_0833.jpg


IMG_0835.jpg


IMG_0837.jpg


3 comments:

DKB said...

Hopefully what they build to replace those houses will be in keeping with the feel of the neighborhood, and not zero-lot-line McMansions of dubious character. It's a mix around here... on my side of Camp Bowie, most of the houses that have been built in the last decade to replace burnt houses, teardowns or fill still-vacant lots have been reasonably like the rest of the neighborhood. North of Camp Bowie (closer to the country club, go figure!) they're building oversized, nouveau-riche monstrosities that belong in a gated community I never need to drive through.

Howard said...

No one seems to know but I'm guessing a couple of townhouses.

The Dad said...

Heh heh...sweet....

I can think of a few houses in my own neighborhood I'd like to do that to.