Wednesday, June 18, 2014

US drone attack kills six suspected militants in North Waziristan

US drone attack kills six suspected militants in North Waziristan. "The [Pakistani] army launched its long-awaited major operation 'Zarb-i-Azb' in the tribal region a week after an attack on the airport in Karachi, deploying troops, tanks and jets to the area in the crackdown on the Taliban and other militants. A total of at least 187 suspected militants and eight soldiers have been reported killed since Saturday night when the operation was launched."

This is the first I've heard of this operation, I'm surprised there isn't more coverage. As Glenn Greenwald describes the reporting: "I've no idea who my government is killing. They don't even know who they're killing. But I know they're Terrorists"

No comments: