Thursday, January 16, 2014

2014 Oscar Nominees

The 2014 Oscar Nominees were announced today, my predictions were pretty good. I roughly missed one in each category, and usually about a film I didn't see.

I'm very surprised that Saving Mr. Banks got snubbed from Best Picture and Best Actress. Of the big categories I really just have to see August: Osage County and Blue Jasmine. I've seen all the nominees in six categories and those two will give me three more. Of the smaller ones I'll see The Hobbit 2, Lone Survivor and maybe Grandmaster and Lone Ranger. Aside from the shorts, the only category I haven't seen any of the nominees is Animated Feature.

Here's a nice article that might turn me off the Oscars. How Academy's Most Obscure Nominee - Maybe EVER - Managed To Beat Out Taylor Swift, Coldplay And Celine Dion.

Other than the shorts and animated, foreign and documentary features, these are what I have left to see:

  • August: Osage County
  • Blue Jasmine
  • Before Midnight
  • The Hobbit 2
  • Lone Survivor
  • The Lone Ranger
  • Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa
  • Cutie and the Boxer
  • The Square
  • Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom
  • The Grandmaster
  • The Book Thief
  • The Invisibile Woman
  • Alone Yet Not Alone - I barely made it through the music video, I won't see the film

No comments: