Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Finally, The Election

I voted. And I just really want the candidates to stop emailing me, calling me, and knocking on my door. I'm really sick of the election. I hated all the campaigns. They weren't about issues, they were like reality television. Whoever wins won't have a mandate to do anything and the opportunity to educate the public on issues was wasted. Seriously, what Bill Clinton did at the Democratic convention was really great and not that difficult. I'm really surprised that no other candidate even made the effort. Here are a few things to look at on election night.

The Guardian has a chart showing What time do US states declare election results?.

NewImage

The New York Time posted a nice graphic, Paths to the White House showing which state combinations will allow Obama or Romney to win.

Screen Shot 2012 11 06 at 7 31 54 PM copy

If you won't be glued to your TV watching but want some place to check into, The Economist says they'll update this graphic throughout the night. The State of the Race.

And it wouldn't' be an election without some controversy. The Washington Monthly gives us Your Voter Suppression Round-Up.

Andrew Cohen correctly complains that No One in America Should Have to Wait 7 Hours to Vote as some have already had to do in Florida.

Wonkblog notes, A quarter of Americans will vote by electronic machine. Is that a problem?

No comments: