Wednesday, November 28, 2012

AMC and FiOS Apparentely Fighting Over Money

I was watching The Walking Dead yesterday and saw a crawl on my screen that FiOS might drop AMC. Here's the best article I've seen on it, AMC Networks Warns Verizon Customers: You Might Lose Coverage Soon. They're just arguing over money. Apparently the expiring contract was written before AMC had (so many) good shows so now they want more money. Reasonable, though they've started trying to limit what the creators of those shows can do. FiOS wants to pay a little as it can which is also reasonable.

I pay enough for cable, if they need to drop some of the crappy channels fine but because of bundling that won't happen. I read a good article about this recently but can't find it. There have been many on the topic in the last year. But seriously, if they need to raise my monthly rates a dollar or two I'm ok with that. I don't know what AMC is asking, but FiOS has over 4.5 million TV subscribers so that's a fair amount of change. :)

No comments: