Thursday, June 10, 2010

Map of the Top 250 Best Movies of All Time

Ebert tweeted a link to a graphic posted last June, David Honnorat made The top 250 best movies of all time Map. "This is a map I made listing all of the 250 best movies, as voted by IMDb.com users on the 19th of june 2009. Hope you’ll have fun travelling around this cinematographic subway plan !"

bestmoviesmap_HQ 1.jpg

It's interesting but I don't think particularly useful. I tried to go through to find films I haven't seen. Of course it's from IMDb so the data is skewed to more recent films and US films. It's nice that you can follow a line of similar films in a genre, but it was confusing to find each line and make sure I covered them all.

Of the main line of "universally acclaimed masterpieces" I've seen them all except 8 1/2 which I'm partially through on the TiVo. I also saw The Night of the Hunter only recently (it's dated but you can see the influence). Of everything else, I've seen them all but La battaglia di Algeri (The Battle of Algiers) which I have out from Netflix.

No comments: