Tuesday, November 27, 2007

This Didn't Suck

I'm lucky enough to have a massage school about 1 mile from my home. Students have to practice. Today I went to the Student Massage Clinic of the Cortiva Institute. $35 for a one hour session, no tipping allowed.

It's in a large room with areas seperated by curtains. It's like hospital emergency rooms look on TV or better than how curtains work in real hospital rooms. Since it's a large space and there are limited clinic hours, a lot of people show up at once. You're assigned a student and meet in the common area to give your history and say what you want out of the session. Then the massage and another interview which was less of an evaluation and more ways I can alleviate stress in my life. Personally I think I'm doing pretty good at that. :)

The massage was quite good, better than many I've had. Apparently I'm carrying a lot of stress in my shoulders, though I don't know why. Fortunately they have a frequent buyer program, buy 9, get the tenth free. I'm on my way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe your working to hard

DKB said...

Spending too much time hunched over blogging on the macbook?

Howard said...

Evidently.