Tuesday, November 27, 2007

5 Foods and Phones Numbers

It seems the Today show is doing a series this week of 5 things to change your life. Yesterday was 5 good-for-you, bizarre foods including Acai, Alligator, Cupuacu, Laver and Yerba mate. I've had alligator and yes it tastes like chicken, I just didn't know it was so good for you (high in protein, very low in fat). I gather laver is similar to Japanese Nori which I've of course had with sushi.

Today's installment was 5 phone numbers. 866-MY-TRAFC gives traffic info by Traffic.com which has other tools to use too. With Verizon in Boston I've been happy with *1 which is similar. 334-844-4244 is Auburn University’s Foy Information Line, you get a human and can ask them anything. Settle those bar bets.

The others were the San Francisco Sex Information line, 415-989-SFSI (which does not provide phone sex), the Ohio Tobacco Quit Line, 800-QUIT-NOW, and 866-411-SONG which lets you play (I assume that's not hum) part of a song and they'll text you title and artist.

No comments: