Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Senators Ask Gonzales About Apparent Lie

Based on the testimony of James Comey Senators Now Question Whether Gonzales Lied Under Oath About NSA Wiretapping Program. "A group of senators led by Russ Feingold (D-WI) sent Alberto Gonzales a letter today highlighting an apparent lie Gonzales told while testifying under oath last year about the NSA warrantless spying program."

Comey described how Gonzales and Card when to Ashcroft's hospital bed to get approval of the NSA Domestic Spying program because Comey wouldn't approve it. Ashcroft refused. Gonzales testified "Senator, I want to be very careful here. Because of course I am here only testifying about what the President has confirmed. And with respect to what the President has confirmed, I believe – I do not believe that these DOJ officials that you are identifying had concerns about this program."

So either Gonzales is lying or more spying programs exist. I'm guessing the latter. Bastards.

No comments: