Sunday, April 30, 2006

My Feet Hurt

I just got back from doing the March of Dimes Walk America. I walked 6 miles around the Charles River on the Boston and Cambridge sides. That's from the Museum of Science down to the Double Tree Hotel by River Street and back. It was a beautiful day, sunny, 63°F, with a light breeze. It took about 2 hours and was a nice time, but my feet hurt now :) There were several stations along the way handing out water, fruit (bananas and apples), Trader Joe's was handing out fruit chews and oddly enough, one station was handing out boxes of rice (they were one of the sponsors), so if you took it, you had to walk the last three miles, carrying a box of rice. Oddly random.

I was walking with a friend who had done the 3-day 60 mile breast cancer walk. As she said, the misery hadn't even begun to set in. On that walk at 6 miles your feet started to hurt and you were less than a third done with the first of three days. I'm not complaining. :) We raised money to help premature babies, it was a good day.

No comments: