Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Bush Reads Paper!

CNN has an article on the public debate about firing Donald Rumsfeld. They quote Bush who says "I have strong confidence in Don Rumsfeld." In fact they title the article "Bush: 'I'm the decider' on Rumsfeld" which I think is a mistake.

The full sentence was: "'I hear the voices, and I read the front page, and I know the speculation. But I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense.'" I think the bigger news is that he reads the front page. Previously he's said "I glance at the headlines, just to get kind of a flavor.". Well maybe that's the same thing in this case. Perhaps the better headline would be "Bush hears voices"

Oh and if you think this image is disrespectful to Bush, I have much more respect for Gromit.

No comments: