Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Crossfire Sucks

I happened to have CNN on today to watch the airplane over Washington DC story I wasn't paying much attention and then Crossfire came on. I've never watched it before so watched for a little bit. I could stand it for about 10 minutes and I'll be sure to never watch it again. This is the kind of crap I saw on it, Robert Novak said: "Senator Harry Reid of Nevada the democratic leader of the Senate goes to the White House today, no wonder his aides and colleagues are holding their breath for fear of what he might say or do there. The senator has been on a tear lately, he referred to the great Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas as an embarrassment, he reviled the revered Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan as a hack. And talking to high school students the other day he said this of the President of the United States, 'I think this guy is a loser.' The sad part is, democratic politicians like this talk but I'll guarantee you the American people hate it."

So which is it? Are his colleagues holding their breath for fear of what he might say, or do they like this talk? And by what measure is Clarance Thomas great? By any measure I've seen he's average, with no great decisions and an odd habit of never asking questions during hearings. And am I mistaken that a few years ago the republicans were unhappy with Greenspan? And finally is calling the president a loser any worse than Dick Cheney telling Patrick Leahy to "go fuck yourself"? Now I know what Jon Stewart hates about these crappy shows, they suck.

1 comment:

admin said...

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Crossfire. I prefer the Daily Show.