Monday, March 24, 2008

Hillary Clinton Makes Up Bosnia Story

A week ago Hilary Clinton described her trip to Bosnia in 1996:

"I certainly do remember that trip to Bosnia, and as Togo said, there was a saying around the White House that if a place was too small, too poor, or too dangerous, the president couldn't go, so send the First Lady. That’s where we went. I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

Turns out it's completely untrue. Here's the video of her walking on the tarmac and being greeted by an 8 year-old girl...



Her campaign is saying she "misspoke". Uh huh.

4 comments:

The Dad said...

Now come on...I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday. I mean, how is she supposed to remember whether or not she was getting shot at by snipers SO MANY years ago. I mean really, let's not be unfair to her.

On the flip side, oy, she looked so young then!

Richard said...

I have to remember that when I "embellish" my stories from the good old days it may come back to haunt me in a national election campaign.

Who doesn't add the excitement of sniper fire to their college stories just to spice up the telling? Who shouldn't? People who have had every moment of their life recorded on video, that's who.

Howard said...

Mike, that was Chelsea, not HIllary. (I had to).

The Dad said...

Wow, that's kinda funny (my chelsea/Hillary confusion).

Of course, I just noticed how outdated the little pic of my kids is on my signature. Or wait...maybe that's my wife and me...no wait....