Thursday, August 25, 2011

Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs resigned as CEO of Apple though he'll still be Chairman of the Board and involved with products, though his letter suggests he's leaving because of health reasons, so it's hard to know how involved he'll be. Here are two tweets I found funny:

by Gareth Aveyard: "Steve Jobs' text was meant to say: "I reign as CEO of Apple" Damn you autocorrect!"

by Mike Spiegelman: "Steve Jobs Announces Retirement, All My Friends Pre-Order Retirement"

Here's a little article posted back in January when Jobs announced his leave of absence, Who Will Save Apple If Steve Leaves? Meet The Dream Team. Apple has a lot of talented people and as much as Jobs built amazing products he also built an amazing company that can make those products. I think they'll still be good at that. Pixar is doing great without Jobs' day-to-day involvement. I think the biggest loss will be with Jobs no longer negotiating with media companies (for sales in iTunes or whatever else Apple dreams up). I remember some article talking about underlings negotiating and saying something like, "Do I have to get Steve invovled? Do you want that? Does your boss want that?"

And I'm not sure anyone still cared (well there are 236 comments) but the other big news in tech (not) was Rob "CmdrTaco" Malda Resigns From Slashdot.

No comments: