Monday, September 27, 2010

Winner-Take-All Politics

In Here's What's the Matter With Kansas Kevin Jones gushed over the new book Winner-Take-All Politics.

"I'm not doing Pierson and Hacker justice here. In fact, I'm not really even trying to. What I am doing is telling you to buy a copy of their book and read it. Seriously. Just get a copy and read at least Parts I and II. No book is perfect, and I feel a little silly gushing too much, but this is the most complete and sustained explanation I've ever read of why, over the past 30 years, America has gone the direction it has even while most other countries haven't. And although Hacker and Pierson's sympathies are obvious, this isn't a polemic. It's an explanation. For me, it was a 300-page 'Aha!' moment."

Has anyone read it?

No comments: