Thursday, November 12, 2009

Wolf Blitzer Questions How Hasan's Lawyer Stupidly

TPM writes Wolf Blitzer Questions How Hasan's Lawyer Can Represent 'Someone Accused Of Mass Murder'. They included the video clip and I watched that. I think it's not quite as bad as the article makes out, e.g., "demands" is a bit strong, but he did cross the line saying "I'm sure he will get a much fairer hearing than those 13 Americans who were brutally gunned down the other day. I'm sure he will get all of the rights that are applied by the military code of justice." Though Galligan had a very nice reply to that.

I guess Wolf's problem was what to ask this guy? He can't ask about the defense because he probably hasn't worked it out yet and probably wouldn't talk about it anyway. And a lot of people would question how can you defend him, so maybe that's fine to ask. Honestly I think they just shouldn't have interviewed him and he shouldn't have agreed to do it.

I think last night's South Park, Dances with Smurfs, did a brilliant job of addressing the fallacy of "I'm just asking questions" as an excuse for Limbaugh-like baiting. I'm constantly impressed with how that show manages to stay relevant season after season.

No comments: