Monday, January 19, 2009

Drugstore.com More Expensive Than CVS

I've used Drugstore.com for a year or two, ordering various health and cleaning products every few months. They're convenient, let you keep a shopping list of items you like, and provide free shipping on $50 orders or sometimes $25. They also give you bonus dollars after a purchase which expire in about a month.

Today I stopped in CVS to pick up a couple of items I didn't want to wait for. I decided to do some comparison shopping. I took photos of 12 products and their prices with my iPhone and compared them to the drugstore.com prices at home.

Drugstore.com was cheaper for only 2 of them and on one of them I'm not sure if the count in the package was the same. On average CVS was 12.7% cheaper and for half of them it was over 16% cheaper in one case 46.7% cheaper.

So much for Drugstore.com. I probably never would have done this if not for a cellphone with a camera with easy synching to my computer.

No comments: