Thursday, August 10, 2006

So Much For Do Not Call

The other day I got a phone call during dinner for some survey. I just said "I'm in the middle of dinner and hung up". Afterwards I thought I really should have used the magic words "Put me on your do not call list".

Just now 6:50pm I got a call. Caller ID said the ever-so-useful "Out of Area". It was someone with a survey. I remembered (and wasn't chewing) and said "Please put me on your do not call list". He said he couldn't do that. I said "I'm on the state Do Not Call list" and he said "that doesn't affect us". I said "I'm also on the federal Do Not Call List" and he said "that doesn't stop us from calling. I said I thought it should and that there is a $50 fine for violating it and hung up.

Turns out, it probably doesn't apply to them. Oh well, I can still hang up on them.

No comments: