Sunday, September 04, 2005

Broussard Attacks FEMA

On Meet the Press today the president of Jefferson Parish in New Orleans, Aaron Broussard, attacked FEMA and broke down. I saw the broadcasat. Think Progress has a good summary. MSNBC has video clips. Here's the most damning:
Three quick examples. We had Wal-Mart deliver three trucks of water. FEMA turned them back. They said we didn't need them. This was a week ago. FEMA, we had 1,000 gallons of diesel fuel on a Coast Guard vessel docked in my parish. When we got there with our trucks, FEMA says don't give you the fuel. Yesterday - yesterday - FEMA comes in and cuts all of our emergency communication lines. They cut them without notice. Our sheriff, Harry Lee, goes back in, he reconnects the line. He posts armed guards and said no one is getting near these lines.

If this is all true, I want know who issued the orders and I want them to explain them to me and a court.

No comments: