Wednesday, March 11, 2009

All Clear, Well Mostly

I went to my ENT for my 4 week followup today. My septum is completely healed and straight. My turbinates are 95% healed. The remaining 5% explains the post-nasal drip and sore throat I've been experiencing (he saw no evidence of infection). He saw a few dry patches still and I should continue "moisturizing" with the bacitracin for a few more weeks.

The dry winter air doesn't help; everything heals more slowly in winter. He said the humid air that comes with 60º April days should help a lot.

I still have some numbness in my two front teeth but that's normal and should continue to get better day by day. Same with the soreness in my nose. I am allowed to blow my nose like a normal person.

I finally figured out where the turbinates are. All the diagrams I've seen show a profile of the nose and I thought of them on the outer part of the nose. But they are above the roof the mouth and go back almost as far as the ears. They are huge.

My sleep is improved and I feel rested, which I didn't before. But I am waking up in the middle of the night I think due to some heartburn I can't quite explain. I'll work on that. Getting one thing taken care of doesn't fix anything else that might be wrong. Software is so much easier to debug.

Thanks for all the well-wishes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"He said the humid air that comes with 60º April days should help a lot."
sounds like a good excuse to fly someplace warm and humid :)