Sunday, October 07, 2007

Already Annoyed at Election Coverage

I'm sure it is the case, but is anyone already annoyed at stories like this one from ABC: Iowa Poll Shows Clinton/Romney on Top. It's a year before the election (3 months before the primaries) and all I see are articles on polls and fund raising. In the Sunday morning news show, I saw Richardson and Edwards interviewed and that's just about all the questions were about (a little about Iraq).

I want to see articles about the issues and the candidates positions on them. I want to see analysis of which plans are most likely to succeed. I don't want meta-analysis on uninformed people's premature decisions. I'd be willing to accept some of the latter but not at the exclusion of the former.

Yeah I know, it's not gonna happen. Maybe if Jon Stewart would do a segment on it...

2 comments:

DKB said...

Heresy! It's like you're asking for an informed electorate, Howard. That would have the inherent risk of an electorate dissatisfied with the non-choice between the Republican and Democratic versions of the same platitudes and half-truths or the wacked-out positions of the Libertarian Party (not all Libertarian types, but the party line at least is way out there on some issues.) That might lead to something terrifying to politicians, representative government!

Howard said...

That doesn't make me feel any less annoyed. What a surprise.