Thursday, December 02, 2010

I'm Tired of McCain

NPR reports McCain Calls Pentagon's 'Don't Ask' Study Flawed. He's just being a dick, moving the goal posts yet again.

I find these two statement contradictory:

"I am not saying this law should never change. I am simply saying that it may be premature to make such a change at this time and in this manner."

"What I want to know, and what it is the Congress' duty to determine, is not can our armed forces implement a repeal of this law, but whether the law should be repealed," said McCain, the ranking member of the Senate Armed Services Committee. "Unfortunately, that key issue was not the focus of this study. It is, however, the fundamental question that must be answered by Congress — not by the president or the courts, but by Congress."

He just won re-election for another 6 years which will see him through to the age of 80. Who's he beholden to now?

1 comment:

DKB said...

I think now he just has to show Cindy who's boss (and I think the answer is really Cindy, since that's where the money comes from, so he has to be even more dickish to convince himself that he's In Command.)